If you need to mount your Google Nest camera on a ceiling or overhang, or at an odd angle to get the view you want, you can adjust the video so that it's right side up.
In many cases, you can simply turn or twist the camera. If that’s not possible, you can flip the video 180 degrees with the Home app or Nest app.
Twist the camera
If you just need to straighten a tilted or upside down image, try twisting your camera in its stand or mount.
Rotate the video with the app
Note: This setting isn’t available for doorbells or Nest Cam IQ Outdoor.
- Open the Home app .
- On the home screen, tap your camera.
- Tap Settings .
- Select Video.
- Go to Rotate image 180 and tap the switch to turn it on or off.
- On the Nest app home screen, select the camera you want to control.
- In the top right corner, tap Settings .
- Select Rotate Image . This will flip your video 180°.