If you’re a Nest Aware subscriber, you can delete your camera’s video history at any time by using the Nest app on your phone, tablet or computer. Deleting your video history will also delete the snapshots that appear in your phone or tablet’s Sightline.
If you don’t have a Nest Aware subscription, you can use the delete video history option to erase the activity snapshots that appear in your Sightline.
Deleted video history and snapshots cannot be recovered.
How video history and snapshots expire and get deleted automatically
Your video history and snapshots are automatically deleted during normal use. Here’s how:
- Rolling video history – Depending on which Nest Aware subscription you have, your camera’s older footage and snapshots automatically expire and are deleted after a certain number of days.
- If you don’t have a subscription, you’ll still get snapshots from the past 3 hours, which will also automatically expire and be deleted after 3 hours.
- Removing a camera from the Nest app or cancelling a subscription. If you cancel a subscription, your video history will be deleted as follows:
- Nest Aware video history will be deleted at the end of your last billing period or if you remove all cameras from your account.
- 1st gen Nest Aware video history and snapshots are erased when you remove a camera from your account or you cancel your subscription.
Manually delete your video history
You can manually delete your video history with the Nest app by selecting Delete video history in your camera’s settings. This only affects the camera that you selected. Your other cameras will keep their video history and Sightline snapshots.
If you don’t have a Nest Aware subscription and you’d like to stop getting activity snapshots in your Sightline, you can turn them off.
Important: When you delete your camera’s video history, all video history and Sightline snapshots recorded up to this point will be erased. Once your video history and snapshots are deleted, they’ll be gone forever. They cannot be recovered. We do not keep backups.
Deleting your video history won’t delete any of your saved clips or timelapses. Before deleting your video history, make clips of any parts of your video history that you’d like to keep.
If you’re sure that you’ve taken the necessary steps to save any clips that you’d like to keep, follow these instructions to delete your camera’s video history using the Nest app on your phone, tablet or computer.
- Open the Nest app and sign in to your account. If you're on your computer, sign in at home.nest.com.
- From the home screen, select the camera with the video history that you want to delete.
- Tap the Settings at the upper-right corner of the app.
- Scroll down and tap Delete video history.
- Tap Delete history to confirm. All of your camera’s video history and snapshots will be deleted immediately and you won't be able to get them back.