How to lock and unlock the Nest × Yale Lock
There are several ways to lock and unlock the Google Nest × Yale Lock. You can use the Nest app, enter a passcode on the lock’s keypad, use the thumb turn when you’re inside your home, use One Touch Locking, or set it to Auto-Lock after a predetermined time.
Using the Nest app to lock and unlock
To unlock, repeat the steps above. If it is unable to lock or unlock, you will see a yellow ring
with an exclamation mark on your main lock screen. Find out more about what you can do
if this happens in the article below.
To unlock, repeat the steps above. If it is unable to lock or unlock, you will see a yellow ring with an exclamation mark on your main lock screen. Find out more about what you can do if this happens in the article below.
Using the lock's keypad to lock and unlock
To lock, repeat the steps above unless you have enabled One Touch Locking.
Using One Touch Locking on the lock's keypad
When you first set up your lock, One Touch Locking is enabled by default.
- Press Yale or touch your palm to the keypad to lock your home when you leave.
If this doesn’t work, you can check your settings in the app:
- On the app home screen, tap Settings .
- Select your lock.
- Tap One touch locking, tap to turn it on.
Using voice command to lock
If you have a Google Assistant enabled speaker such as a Google Home device, you can lock your door with your voice. For more information, visit the following article:
Using the lock's thumb turn
If you’re inside the home, you can turn the thumb turn
How to unlock door when Privacy Mode is on
- If you hear “Please try again at another time” when you try to enter your passcode, Privacy Mode is on.
- You can only turn it off with the Nest app. So if you don’t use the Nest app to enter the home, you’ll need to contact someone who shares access to the home to turn off Privacy Mode.
Once Privacy Mode is turned off, you can use the Nest app or the lock’s keypad to unlock the door.
How to enable or disable Auto-Lock with the app
By default, the Nest × Yale Lock will not automatically lock itself, but you can use the Nest app to set your lock to automatically lock itself. You can choose how long your lock should wait before automatically locking, and you can have Auto-Lock on all the time or only when no one’s home.
Note: If you can’t hear a tone when you press the numbers on the lock’s keypad or hear a chime when the door locks and unlocks, check your volume settings. On the app home screen, tap Settings select your lock tap Volume select Low or High.
How to remove a Nest Pro's contact information from your thermostat at any time. Here's how:
You can remove a Nest Pro’s contact information from your thermostat at any time. Here’s how:
On the Nest thermostat:
1. Press your thermostat's ring to bring up the main menu.
2. Turn to Settings and press the ring again to select.
3. Turn the ring to Nest Pro and press to select.
4. Choose Delete. The Nest Pro's contact information will be removed.
Note: Removing the Nest Pro contact information from your Google Nest thermostat will also remove it from the Nest app.