You can customize your Google Nest display using accessibility settings.
Change accessibility settings
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi or linked to the same account as your Google Nest display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your Nest display device Settings Accessibility.
- To choose controls for color inversion, magnify screen, and closed captioning, under "Display," choose which settings you want to turn on or turn off .
- To choose controls for play start sound, play end sound, audio descriptions, and screen reader, under "Audio," choose which settings you want to turn on or turn off .
Use the screen reader on your Nest display
When you turn on the screen reader, you can use gestures to navigate the screen and understand what’s on it.
- Explore items on the screen: Move one finger along the screen. The item under your finger will be highlighted and read aloud.
- Know what’s on the screen: Tap the screen with one finger.
- Open a selected item: Double tap the screen with one finger.
- Select the next item and read it: Swipe from left to right with one finger.
- Select the previous item and read it: Swipe right to left with one finger.
- Adjust a slider: Swipe up or down with one finger to move into slider adjust mode when the selected item is a slider. To adjust the slider, swipe left or right with one finger to adjust its value. To return into default navigation mode, swipe up or down.
- Navigate between screens: From the right part of the screen, swipe left with 3 fingers.
- Open quick settings: Swipe up with 3 fingers.
- Close quick settings: Swipe down with 3 fingers.
- Return to Home screen: From the left part of the screen, swipe left with one finger, or say "Hey Google, go to home."
- Return to ambient screen: To view the screen saver, from the left edge of the screen, swipe right with 3 fingers.
- Silence screen reader speech: Touch the screen with 2 fingers.
- Silence Google Assistant speech: Touch the screen with 2 fingers.
Learn what accessibility settings do
- Play start sound: You'll get a sound when your Nest display hears "Ok Google" or "Hey Google."
- Play end sound: You'll get a sound when your Nest display is done listening to your request.
- Screen reader: Your Nest display will provide speech feedback when you tap the screen.
- Color inversion: Invert the colors shown on the screen.
- Magnify screen: Triple tap the screen to magnify what's on the screen.
- Closed captioning: Enable or disable closed captioning for your video content.