Check on what matters by streaming your compatible security or doorbell camera on your Google Nest display.
What you need
- A compatible security camera set up with the manufacturer's app
- A Nest display
- Google Home app
Cameras that work with "Hey Google"
You can stream video from the following security cameras to your Nest display.
- Atomi smart
- homee Smart Home
- mydlink Smart
- ioe smart
- iView iHome
- KAFO Smart
- Logi Circle
- MCL DOMO
- Momentum Smart Home
- Panasonic HomeHawk
- Q-See Plus
- SimCam Smart Home
- Smart K
- Swann Smart Security Camera
- TP-Link Kasa
- Tuya Smart, Smart Life
- Wyze Cam
Step 1. Set up your security camera
If you have a Nest camera or doorbell, follow the linked instructions:
If you have another compatible camera, follow the steps provided by the device maker.
Step 2. Set up your Nest display
Learn how to set up your Nest display. Make sure you connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your camera.
Step 3. Add your camera or doorbell to the Home app
Note: If you set up a Nest camera or doorbell, it should already be added to the Google Home app. If you can't find it in the app, force close the app and open it again.
If you have another compatible camera, or still can't find your Nest camera in the app, follow the steps below.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Verify the Google Account shown is the one linked to your speaker or display. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
- At the top of the screen, verify you're using the home where you added your Chromecast and speaker or display. To switch between homes, tap the triangle next to the home name.
- Tap Devices Add Works with Google .
- Choose your camera manufacturer from the list to finish setup.
Add an additional camera
After you've added a camera manufacturer to your Google Home app, use the following voice commands with your Nest display to add an additional camera:
|To do this:||Say "Ok Google" or "Hey Google," then:|
|Sync all devices||"Sync my devices"|
|Sync a device type||"Sync my cameras"|
Step 4. Use voice commands to stream your security camera
To do this:
Say "Ok Google" or "Hey Google," then:
"Show [camera name]"
- Live video from battery-powered Nest cameras and doorbells stops after 5 minutes.
- Live video from wired Nest cameras and doorbells stops after 12 hours.
To start the live stream again, repeat your voice command.