Control media that's playing on Chromecast (Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, TVs and speakers with Chromecast Built-In), Google Nest and Google Home speakers and displays directly from the Google Media Controls widget.
To access the Google Media Controls widget, your mobile device or tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromecast, speaker or display. Also, the widget shows all Chromecast, speakers and displays that are on this same Wi-Fi network.
Note: The widget displays up to four casting devices. If you're casting on more than four devices at once, you won't be able to access all of them in the widget.
Supported mobile devices
The Google Media Controls widget is available on iOS devices running 10.0 or later. This feature is not available on Android devices.
Learn how to cast media control notifications using Android devices.
Use the widget
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap the device that's currently playing media.
- Use Pause , Play or Stop to control what's being played.
What's on the widget
- Title of the content being cast.
- Name of the devices (all Chromecast, speakers and displays) linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Media controls (Pause , Play and Stop ).