Control media that's playing on Chromecast (Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in), Google Nest and Google Home speakers and displays directly from the Google Media Controls widget.
To see the Google Media Controls widget, your mobile device or tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi or linked to the same account as your Chromecast, speaker, or display. Also, the widget shows all Chromecast, speakers, and displays that are on this same Wi-Fi network.
Note: The widget displays up to 4 casting devices. If you're casting 5+ devices at once, you won't see all of them in the widget.
Supported mobile devices
The Google Media Controls widget is available on iOS devices running 10.0+ only.
Supported Cast devices
You'll see the widget when playing media using Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in, and all Google Nest and Home speakers and displays.
Use the widget
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap the device that's currently playing media.
- Use Pause , Play , or Stop to control what's being played.
What you'll see on the widget
- Title of the content being casted.
- Name of the device you or someone on your same Wi-Fi network is casting to.
- Media controls (Pause , Play , Stop ).