Control media that's playing on Chromecast (Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in) and Google Home devices directly from the Google Media Controls widget.
To see the Google Media Controls widget, your mobile device or tablet must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or Google Home device. Also, the widget shows all Chromecast and Google Home devices that are on this same Wi-Fi network.
Note: The widget displays up to 4 casting devices. If you're casting 5+ devices at once, you won't see all of them in the widget.
Supported mobile devices
The Google Media Controls widget is available on iOS devices running 10.0+ only.
Supported Cast devices
You'll see the widget when playing media using Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in, and all Google Home devices.
Use the widget
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the device that's currently playing media.
- Use Pause, Play, or Stop to control what's being played.
What you'll see on the widget
- Title of the content being casted.
- Name of the device you or someone on your same Wi-Fi network is casting to.
- Media controls (Pause, Play, Stop).