How to place Google Home Max
You can place Google Home Max vertically or horizontally so that it fits naturally into your home. Here are the benefits for each placement.
Place speakers in the best position in your room
For the best sound quality, place the two speakers:
- on top of the silicone bases, with the bases placed in the middle of the bottom of the speakers.
- on top of a solid, level surface, and away from the edge of the surface.
- about 3 metres (10 feet) apart.
- about 2.4–3 metres (8–10 feet) from your typical listening position.
- at the same height. This height should be around the same height as your ears.
- in the same orientation, either both sitting vertically or both sitting horizontally.
If you place Max horizontally, its output is stereo sound. Most music is produced in stereo. Use this placement if you want a wider soundstage.
If you place Max vertically, its output is mono sound. Use this placement if you need your device to occupy less space.