You can place Google Home Max vertically or horizontally so that it fits naturally into your home. Below are the benefits for each placement:
Place speakers in the best position in your room
For the best sound quality, place the 2 speakers:
- on top of the silicone bases, with the bases placed in the middle of the bottom of the speakers.
- on top of a solid, level surface, and away from the edge of the surface.
- about 3 metres (10 feet) apart.
- about 2.4–3 metres (8–10 feet) from your typical listening position.
- at the same height. This height should be around the same height as your ears.
- in the same orientation, either both sit vertically or both sit horizontally.
If you place Max horizontally, its output is stereo sound. Most music is produced in stereo. Use this placement if you want a wider soundstage.
If you place Max vertically, its output is mono sound. Use this placement if you need your device to occupy less space.
Note: The power cord should always be close to the resting surface for both the horizontal and vertical placements. If you've set Max upside down, your Google Assistant will remind you to change the placement.