Tired of searching under your tree for the Christmas lights and wall plug? With any Google Nest or Home speaker or display and a compatible smart plug, you can turn on your Christmas tree lights with just your voice!
What you'll need
- Any Google Home product
- Compatible smart plug
Step 1. Set up your device
Step 2. Set up a compatible smart plug
Set up the compatible smart plug.
Important: Name the smart plug "Christmas Tree” in the smart plug’s app.
Step 3. Connect your Google Home device to a compatible smart plug
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap Add Set up device Have something already set up?
- Tap the smart plug service, then follow the steps.
- When pairing is complete, tap Back Back to return to Home.
- In the home screen of the Google Home app , select your device.
- At the top right, tap Settings Name > enter "Christmas Tree" Save.
Step 4. Plug your Christmas tree lights into a compatible smart plug
Step 5. Turn on or off your Christmas tree lights with your voice
To turn on your lights, say "Hey Google, turn on the/my Christmas tree".
To turn off your lights, say "Hey Google, turn off the/my Christmas tree".
Fix a problemCan't connect to the Wemo app
If you’re having trouble connecting to the Wemo app, turn off Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth.
From iPhone and iPad:
- Wi-Fi: Open Settings tap Wi-Fi turn off “Ask to join networks”.
- Bluetooth: Open Settings tap Bluetooth turn off Bluetooth.
The steps are different for other Android version numbers.
- Open Settings Security and Location Location Scanning turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi scanning.
- Open Settings Location Menu Scanning turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi scanning.
If you need help, call Wemo customer support at 1-800-223-5546.