Tired of searching under your tree for the Christmas lights and wall plug? With any Google Nest or Home speaker or display, and a compatible smart plug, you can turn on your Christmas tree lights with just your voice.
What you need
- A Google Nest or Home speaker or display
- Compatible smart plug
Step 1. Set up your device
Learn how to set up your speaker or display.
Step 2. Set up a compatible smart plug
Set up the compatible smart plug.
Important: Name the smart plug "Christmas Tree” in the smart plug’s app.
Step 3. Connect your speaker or display to a compatible smart plug
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top left, tap Add Set up device Works with Google.
- Tap the smart plug service, then follow the steps.
- When pairing is complete, tap Back Back to return.
- In the home screen of the Google Home app, touch and hold your device's tile.
- At the top right, tap Settings Name enter "Christmas Tree" Save.
Step 4. Plug your Christmas tree lights into a compatible smart plug
Step 5. Turn on or off your Christmas tree lights with your voice
- To turn on your lights, say "Hey Google, turn on the Christmas tree."
- To turn off your lights, say "Hey Google, turn off the Christmas tree."
Fix a problemCan't connect to the Wemo app
If you have trouble connecting to the Wemo app, turn off Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth.
From an iOS device:
- Wi-Fi: Open Settings Wi-Fi turn off “Ask to Join Networks.”
- Bluetooth: Open Settings Bluetooth turn off Bluetooth.
From an Android device:
Note: The steps are different for different Android version numbers.
Open Settings Location Advanced settings turn off Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning.
Open Settings Location Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning turn off Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning.
If you need help, contact Wemo support.