If you have a complex network configuration, consider setting up a custom LAN IP range. This simple step will save you from having to reset or reconfigure each device in your home to work with your Google Nest Wifi or Google Wifi mesh network, if the devices have static IP addresses.
Once you set up a custom LAN IP range, we'll automatically migrate existing DHCP IP reservations and port forwarding rules to the new subnet.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap Wi-Fi Settings Advanced Networking.
- Tap LAN.
- Under “Router LAN IP,” customize your router LAN address and subnet mask.
- Under “DHCP address pool,” customize your starting and ending IP addresses.
- When you’re done, tap Save .
Once you’ve saved your new LAN settings, your connected devices will briefly disconnect from Wi-Fi. You may need to restart your devices to reconnect them.