Wall mount your Google Nest Mini
Google Nest Mini is wall-mount ready with a screw slot that can be used to hang the device on a wall. Make sure you’ve set up your Nest Mini before mounting it on a wall.
Mount Google Nest Mini
To mount Nest Mini, you’ll need the following equipment (not included):
- A #8 Pan Head screw (flat on the bottom and top, with rounded edges)
- A wall anchor, if needed for your wall type (such as drywall or masonry)
- A screwdriver or power drill with a screwdriver bit
- Choose a location that’s close to a power outlet and within your Wi-Fi network’s range. Test the device in that location before attaching it to the wall.
- Plug the Nest Mini device into the power outlet.
- Hold the device against the wall where you’d like to mount it.
- Say “Ok Google…” and ask a question or give it a command to make sure it’s able to connect to the network.
- If you’re using a wall anchor, follow the instructions on the wall anchor package to insert the anchor into the wall. The top of the anchor should be flush with the surface of the wall.
- Use a screwdriver or power drill to screw the screw into the wall or wall anchor. Be sure to leave 2mm (0079”) gap between the screw head and the wall.
- Hang your Nest Mini on the screw using the screw slot on the back of the Nest Mini device. The device should fit snugly against the wall.
Reverse the device controls
After you’ve mounted Nest Mini on a wall, you can flip volume controls and LED lights on your device so that they’re oriented the right way.
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Google Nest Mini.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the Home tab, tap the Nest Mini device you would like to adjust.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap Settings .
- Under "Reverse device controls", tap the checkbox or tap the slider On .