Google Nest Mini can be hung on a wall using the screw slot on the back of the device. Make sure that you’ve set up your Nest Mini before you mount it on a wall.
Mount Google Nest Mini
To mount Nest Mini, you’ll need the following equipment (not included):
- A No. 8 Pan Head screw (flat on the bottom and top, with rounded edges)
- A wall anchor, if needed for your wall type (such as drywall or masonry)
- A screwdriver or power drill with a screwdriver bit
- Choose a location that’s close to a wall socket and within your Wi-Fi network’s range. Test the device in that location before you attach it to the wall.
- Plug the Nest Mini device into the wall socket.
- Hold the device against the wall where you’d like to mount it.
- Say 'Hey Google' and ask a question or give it a command to make sure that it’s able to connect to the network.
- If you’re using a wall anchor, follow the instructions on the wall anchor package to insert the anchor into the wall. The top of the anchor should be flush with the surface of the wall.
- Use a screwdriver or power drill to tighten the screw into the wall or wall anchor. Make sure that you leave a 2 mm (0.079 in) gap between the screw head and the wall.
- Hang your Nest Mini on the screw using the screw slot on the back of the Nest Mini device. The device should fit snugly against the wall.
Reverse the device controls
After you’ve mounted Nest Mini on a wall, you can flip volume controls and lights on your device so that they’re oriented the right way.
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is linked to the same account as your speaker.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap and hold your device's tile.
- Tap Settings Audio .
- Turn the Reverse device controls on.