You can connect your music and pick a favorite music service as your default. This default service will be used first when possible.
Important: In August 2020, Google Play Music will start to shut down some of its services and in September 2020, access to Google Play Music will start to go away for some users. If Google Play Music is your default music service, you can update your default service with the following steps. Learn how to transfer your Google Play Music account to YouTube Music.
Link your music services
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network or linked to the same account as your Google Nest or Home speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top right, tap your account.
- Verify that the Google Account shown is the one linked to your Google Home or Google Nest device. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
- Go back to the home screen, and at the top left, tap Add Music and audio.
- To choose your default service, tap the music service you would like to use.
- Linking functionality:
- For Google Play Music and YouTube Premium, your accounts are automatically linked when you link your Google Account to Google Home.
- For Spotify and Pandora, you will need to link your accounts.
- To connect your account, tap a music service Link account sign in or sign up for the service and follow the in-app steps.
- To unlink an account, tap Unlink Unlink account.
Here's more on how to listen to music on Google Nest and Home speakers and displays.