By default your nickname is the first name associated with your Google Account. However you can set a different nickname and teach the Google Assistant the correct pronunciation.
Change your nickname
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap Settings More settings.
- Tap Basic info Nickname Edit Ok.
- To check the pronunciation, choose one of three options:
- Use default: Tap Use default. To hear the pronunciation, tap Play. If it’s incorrect, try spelling it out or recording your own.
- Spell it out: Tap Spell it out type your name tap Play.
Tip: Use the alphabet to spell out the pronunciation. For example, Eva can be spelled as Ayva.
- Record your own: Tap Record your own tap Record say your name. To hear the pronunciation, tap Play. To record again, tap Record again.