You can lower the volume of Google Assistant’s responses and dim the brightness of Google Nest or Home speaker or display’s lights to avoid being disturbed.
Step 1. Turn on night mode
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is linked to the same account as your speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Touch and hold your device's tile.
- At the top right, tap Settings Notifications and digital wellbeing.
- Tap Night mode Enable night mode.
Step 2. Schedule night mode
- Under 'From', tap choose the time OK.
- Under 'To', tap choose the time OK.
- Tap the day(s) of the week that you want night mode on. If the circle is blue, night mode is on for that day.
Do Not Disturb
When night mode's on, you can mute notifications and boot up sounds. Timers and alarms will still ring.
To turn on Do Not Disturb, turn the slider on .
LED brightness at night
- To dim the lights on top of your speaker or display, drag the slider to the left.
- To brighten the lights on top of your speaker or display, drag the slider to the right.
Maximum volume at night
- To lower the maximum volume of Assistant at night, drag the slider to the left.
- To raise the maximum volume of Assistant at night, drag the slider to the right.