When your Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display hears the hotword ("Ok Google" or "Hey Google"), it records what you say and sends the recording to Google to fulfil your request.
To hear a brief sound at the start and/or end of your request:
- Make sure that your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network or linked to the same account as your speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your device Settings .
- Scroll down to "Device settings", then tap Accessibility.
- If you want to hear a sound only after your say “Ok Google”, turn on the toggle next to Play start sound and leave the Play end sound slider off .
- If you want your device to play a sound after you say "Ok Google" and after Assistant stops listening, turn on the toggles next to Play start sound and Play end sound