When your Google Nest or Home speaker or display recognizes the hotword ("Ok Google" or "Hey Google"), it records what you say and sends the recording to Google to fulfill your request.
To get a brief sound at the start and/or end of your request:
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network or linked to the same account as your speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Touch and hold your device's tile.
- At the top right, tap Settings Accessibility.
- If you want your device to play a sound only after you say "Hey Google," turn on the toggle next to Play start sound, and leave the Play end sound slider off .
- If you want your device to play a sound after you say "Hey Google" and after Assistant stops to listen, turn on the toggle next to Play start sound, and Play end sound .