When you set up Google Assistant, you may be asked to turn on some activity control settings. You may also be asked to turn on some of these settings if you received this or a similar message on your Nest device: “To get help with that, you'll need to give me some more information."
Important: Make sure you're signed into the same Google Account that is linked to your speaker or display.
Your Assistant may ask you to turn on these settings:
- Web & App Activity, which includes your activity on Google sites and apps. This info helps your Assistant provide more personalized experiences and suggestions.
App info from your devices, which saves info from your signed-in devices about installed apps to make them easier to interact with. Learn how to manage device app info from your devices.
Contact info from your devices, which saves info from your signed-in devices about your contacts to make them easier to interact with. Learn how to manage contact info from your devices.
- Voice and audio activity, which saves audio recordings from your interactions with Google Search, Google Assistant, and Maps in your Google Account to help improve audio recognition. Learn how to manage audio recordings in your Web & App Activity.
When you turn on these settings, you turn them on for your Assistant and other Google services you use.
How to turn these settings on or off
Follow these steps:
- On your device, go to your Google Account. You might need to sign in to your account.
- Turn these settings on or off:
Manage your Google Assistant activity from the Home app
Using the Home App, you can check the history of Google Assistant activity. You can also view details on specific activities, or delete them from your history.
Learn more about Google Assistant.
Check your Google Assistant activity history
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top right, tap your account.
- Tap My Activity .
View details about an activity
You can check the details about an activity, such as when the activity took place and what device was used.
Next to an activity in your history, tap Menu Details.
Delete an activity from your history
Next to an activity in your history, tap Menu Delete Delete.