To set up a Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display, the speaker or display must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device or tablet.
Step 1. Check the Wi-Fi network of mobile device or tablet
- Locate and tap Settings Wi-Fi.
- The Wi-Fi network labeled "Connected" is the network you're connected to. This must match the network that the device is connected to.
- To change the network,
- Tap a new network enter password Connect.
- If you've entered the password for that network before, tap Connect.
Step 2. Check the Wi-Fi network of Google Nest or Google Home
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your Google Nest or Google Home device.
- At the top right corner, tap Settings "Wi-Fi."
If your mobile phone or tablet Wi-Fi network doesn't match Google Nest or Google Home's Wi-Fi network, here's how to change the Wi-Fi network of Google Nest or Google Home.