Supported mobile devices
Cast media control notifications are available on Android devices that run Android 6.0 or later. They aren't available on iOS devices.
Supported cast devices
You'll get cast media control notifications when you play media using Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, Google Nest or Home devices, and TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in.
What is displayed on cast media control notifications
- Name of the device that you or someone on the same Wi-Fi network is casting to.
- Content provider.
- Media controls (Pause , Mute , Stop and Settings ).
You can turn off cast media control notifications within Settings .
Temporarily dismiss cast media control notifications
To temporarily dismiss a cast media control notification from displaying during the current casting session, simply swipe it away on your phone.
Note: The notification will reappear if you start to cast content from a different Chromecast-enabled app.
Turn off cast media control notifications for your device
To prevent others on your Wi-Fi network from controlling your media casting, you can turn off cast media control notifications on your Chromecast or your speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Touch and hold your device's tile tap Settings Recognition and sharing.
- Turn Let others control your cast media off.
Turn off cast media control notifications on your phone
To permanently turn off cast media control notifications from displaying on your phone, follow the steps below:
- On the notification, tap Settings .
- Turn Show remote control notifications off .
On your phone, tap Settings .
Tap Google Devices and sharing Cast options Turn off Media controls for cast devices.
To turn notifications back on, turn on Media controls for cast devices.