To see Cast media control notifications, your mobile device or tablet must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or speaker or display. Also, you'll see a notification for all Chromecast and the speakers or displays that are on this same Wi-Fi network.
Supported mobile devices
Cast media control notifications are available on Android devices running Android L (5.0) and above. They aren't available on iOS devices.
Supported Cast devices
You'll see Cast remote control notifications when playing media using Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, Google Nest and Home devices, and TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in.
What is displayed on Cast media control notifications
- Name of the device you or someone on your same Wi-Fi network is casting to.
- Content provider.
- Media controls (Pause , Mute , Stop , and Settings ).
- You can turn off Cast media control notifications within Settings .
Temporarily dismiss Cast media control notifications on your phone
To temporarily dismiss a Cast remote control notification from displaying during the current casting session, simply swipe it away.
Note: The notification will reappear if you start casting content from a different Chromecast-enabled app.
Turn off Cast media control notifications for a Chromecast or Google Nest or Home speaker or display
To prevent others on your Wi-Fi network from controlling your media casting, you can turn off Cast media control notifications on the Chromecast or Google Nest or Home devices.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your Chromecast device.
- Tap Settings .
- Under "Device settings," turn off Let others control your cast media .
Turn off Cast media control notifications on your phone
To permanently turn off Cast media control notifications from displaying on your phone,
- On the notification, tap Settings .
- Turn Show remote control notifications off .
Tap Settings .
Under Personal, tap Google Cast media controls slide the slider off .
To turn notifications back on, slide the slider on .