With Family Wi-Fi groups in the Google Home app, you can use parental controls to stay on top of your children's screen time and say goodbye to online distractions. Once you've set up Family Wi-Fi groups, you can:
- Pause the internet for a group of devices with a single tap
- Schedule pauses ahead of time for regular routines like bedtime or distraction-free homework time
- Automatically block millions of adult websites from devices you specify
Note: Family Wi-Fi features can't be used with devices that use a Private Address or Randomized MAC Address. This setting on your phone, tablet, computer, or other device prevents them from being identified. If you experience problems trying to use Family Wi-Fi, change or disable your device's Randomized MAC setting.
Groups let you pause several devices at a time. You can create a group for an individual child, for example "Nick," or one for a group, such as "Family," based on the devices they use.
Note: Be careful when adding critical devices to a group. If you add your device to a group and later pause that group, you won't be able to access Wi-Fi on that device. Learn more about how to use Family Wi-Fi pause.
First time setup
Add an additional group
Add an additional group:
Delete a group
You can remove Family Wi-Fi groups:
- Open the Home app .
- Tap Favorites Wifi Family Wi-Fi.
- Following the name of the group you'd like to delete, tap Edit .
- Tap More options Delete.