Firmware is the software installed on Google Nest or Home speaker or display. When a firmware update is available, your device will automatically download the update via an Over-the-Air (OTA) update.Your speaker or display must be set up and connected to the internet to receive the firmware update.
Find the current firmware version
To check which firmware version you're on, follow these steps:
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is linked to the same account as your speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Touch and hold your device's tile.
- At the top right, tap Settings Device information.
- Under "Technical information," find Cast firmware: X.XXX.XXXXX.