Get things done and have some fun on your Google Nest speakers or displays with Actions on Google for Google Assistant, including games and trivia, social, lifestyle, education and reference, health and fitness, news, and more.
Discover available services within the Google Home app or the directory of Actions.
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top right, tap your account.
Verify that the Google Account shown is the one linked to your speaker or display. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
- Tap Assistant settings scroll down and under "All settings" tap Explore .
- Scroll through the available actions for Google Assistant. When you've found the one you like, tap the card.
- Learn about the service and a sample list of things to ask.
Step 2. Interact with Actions using your voice
Use these commands to start a session with Actions on Google. To learn more about an Action, including additional unique commands, tap your account Assistant settings Explore search for the Action by name and tap on the Action’s card.
|To do this:||Say “Hey Google,” or “Ok Google,” then:|
|Start to use an Action||“Ask <Action name>”
“Talk to <Action name>”
|Stop using an Action||"Cancel"|
Frequently asked questions about ActionsHow do I know I’m talking to an action on Google?
- There will be a short tone that lets you know Google Assistant has successfully started the Action.
- There may be a short introduction that welcomes you to the Action.
- The Action host will have a different voice than Google Assistant.
- When you say "Hey Google, cancel" to cancel a session, there will be a short tone that lets you know the session has ended.