Get things done and have some fun on your Google Nest and Google Home speakers or displays with third-party created apps for the Google Assistant, including games and trivia, social, lifestyle, education and reference, health and fitness, news, and more.
Discover available services within the Google Home app. Don’t forget to check back often as we’re adding more Assistant apps all the time.
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top right, tap your account.
Verify that the Google Account shown is the one linked to your speaker or display. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
- Tap Assistant settings Explore .
- Scroll through the list of apps for the Assistant. When you've found the one you like, tap the card.
- Learn about the service and a sample list of things to ask.
Step 2. Interact with apps using your voice
Use these commands to start a session with an Assistant app. To learn more about an app, including additional unique commands, tap your account Assistant settings Explore search for the app by name and tap on the app’s card.
|To do this:||Say "Ok Google" or “Hey Google," then:|
|Start using an Assistant app||“Let me speak or talk to <app name>”
“I want to speak or talk to <app name>"
“Can I speak or talk to <app name>”
“Speak or talk to <app name>”
“At <app name>”
|Stop using an Assistant app||"Cancel”|
Frequently asked questions about appsHow do I know I’m talking to an app for the Google Assistant?
- There will be short tone letting you know your Google Assistant has successfully reached the app.
- There may be a short introduction from the app welcoming you to the app.
- The app host will have a different voice than your Google Assistant.
- When you say “Hey Google, cancel” to cancel a session, there will be a short tone letting you know the session has ended.