Set your default music service on Google Home
Choose your default music service
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top right, tap your account.
- Verify that the Google Account shown is the one linked to your Google Home or Google Nest device. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
- Go back to the home screen, and at the top left, tap Add Music and audio.
- To choose your default service, tap the music service you would like to use.
- Linking functionality:
- For Google Play Music and YouTube Premium, your accounts are automatically linked when you link your Google Account to Google Home.
- For Spotify and Pandora, you will need to link your accounts.
- To connect your account, tap a music service Link account sign in or sign up for the service and follow the in-app steps.
- To unlink an account, tap Unlink Unlink account.
You can choose to play on a different service by adding <on <music service>> at the end of the music request. Example: If your default music service is Google Play Music, you can listen to music on Spotify by saying ,"Ok Google, play jazz on Spotify")
Available music services
- Google Play Music
- YouTube Music
- Pandora (U.S. only)
- Deezer (U.S, Canada, U.K., France, Italy, Australia and Germany)
Here's more on how to listen to music on Google Home.