Set your default music service on Google Home
Choose your default music service
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the bottom right corner of the Home screen, tap Account .
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name.
- Make sure your mobile phone or tablet is on the same Wi-Fi network as Google Home.
- Tap Settings Services tab Music .
- To choose your default service, tap the radio button to the right of the service.
- Linking functionality:
- For Google Play Music and YouTube Premium, your accounts are automatically linked when you link your Google Account to Google Home.
- For Spotify and Pandora, you will need to link your accounts.
- To connect your account, tap LINK.
- Sign in or sign up for the service and complete the sign in flow.
- To unlink an account, tap UNLINK.
You can choose to play on a different service by adding <on <music service>> at the end of the music request. Example: If your default music service is Google Play Music, you can listen to music on Spotify by saying ,"Ok Google, play jazz on Spotify")
Available music services
- Google Play Music
- YouTube Music
- Pandora (U.S. only)
- Deezer (U.S, Canada, U.K., France, Italy, Australia and Germany)
Here's more on how to listen to music on Google Home.