Wave Control lets you turn on Priority device with a simple wave of your hand over OnHub. Once Wave Control is turned on, each wave over your OnHub will automatically prioritize the preselected device for the preset amount of time. Learn more about what happens after you wave.
Turn on Wave Control
Note: Wave Control is only available for OnHub from ASUS. It is set off by default.
- Open the Google Wifi app .
- Tap the Settings tab Network & general.
- Under "Network," select your OnHub.
- Under "Network device settings," tap your OnHub.
- Tap Wave control.
- Switch the toggle on .
- Tap Choose device to configure the Priority Device settings.
- Choose the device you want to prioritize and then a time limit. Tap Save.
Wave your hand or any object 5 inches above your OnHub to start Priority device.
Ways to avoid accidental wave activation
- Watch out for any objects like blankets and pieces of clothing that pass over or brush your OnHub’s top.
- Steer clear of placing the top of your OnHub near reflective surfaces like glass and shiny metals. They might prevent wave detection or cause accidental activation.
- For optimum Wave performance, make sure there aren’t any fixtures like shelves directly above your OnHub. 10 inches of open space above your OnHub is a good buffer.
- A curious cat pawing at your OnHub can accidentally activate Wave Control.
Note: The wave is detected with a proximity sensor located on the top of your OnHub. It detects objects and motion above your OnHub, but does not capture images or visual data.
What happens after you wave
After you wave, OnHub's light will blink teal to indicate that Priority device has been successfully activated.
If you wave again before the time limit has finished, it will restart the prioritization. For example, if the time limit is 2 hours and you wave again an hour in, it prioritizes the device for 2 hours starting then. It doesn't add 2 hours to the remaining time.
You can change the settings any time you want by going through the setup process (refer above). Ending the prioritization can also be performed via the app.
If you wave and the preselected priority device is not online, nothing will happen. When the priority device comes online, it will prioritize for the remaining time period.