Google and ADT have partnered to provide Google Nest devices and services as a part of ADT systems. ADT customers can purchase the following from ADT:
- Nest Doorbell (battery)
- Nest Hub (2nd Gen) and Nest Hub Max
- Nest Mini
- Nest Wifi and Wifi Point
- Nest Aware
Important: This partnership is currently limited to customers in the United States of America.
Nest Aware managed by ADT
To apply a Nest Aware subscription managed by ADT to your home, you need to purchase a Nest Doorbell (battery) and a Nest Aware subscription through ADT. Once Nest Aware is added to your ADT subscription, the Nest Aware service will be included in your service bill from ADT and will be managed by ADT.
You only need one Nest Aware subscription for all Nest cameras in your home.
Set up Nest Aware managed by ADT for your home
1. Link your Google Account in the ADT app
To apply Nest Aware to your home, you first need to link your Google Account in the ADT app and give ADT access to manage Google Nest services on your behalf.
- Open the ADT Control app or ADT Pulse app.
- Tap the menu in the top left corner.
- Tap + Add Device in the Control app or Settings in the Pulse app.
- Select Google Nest.
- An overview of the linking process will appear. Tap Next.
- Sign in with the Google Account that you want associated with your ADT account. This account will also be associated with the home you want to use in the Google Home app.
- If you don’t have an account, select Create account to proceed.
- Choose the home you want associated with your ADT home.
- If you are new to Google Nest, you’ll need to create a new home. Fill in the form with the address you purchased this subscription for. Tap Next.
- If you already have one or more homes in your Google Home app, select the home you purchased the subscription for. Tap Next.
- Allow ADT permission to access your Google Nest devices and services in order to provide support. Select Next.
- Tap Continue to allow ADT to manage your Nest devices and services.
Important: If there is an error message displayed on the screen, contact ADT Customer support for help.
- After you’ve successfully linked your Google account in the ADT app, press the “Open Google Home app” button:
- If you are new to Google Nest products, you will be prompted to download the Google Home app.
- If you already have the Google Home app installed, it will open the app.
2. Link Nest Aware managed by ADT to your home
After you link your Google Account to the ADT app and give ADT permission to manage your Google Nest devices and services, apply the Nest Aware subscription to your home in the Google Home app.
- Open the Home app.
Note: If you have multiple homes, you’ll need to use the one that you assigned as your ADT home. Tap the home name near the top of the home screen to switch homes if needed.
- Select Set up ADT and Google near the top of the screen.
Note: If you can’t find this option on the home screen, you can also follow these steps:
- Android: Tap Add device or service + Nest Aware.
- iOS: Tap on Settings Nest Aware.
- Tap Apply to confirm.
- Follow the steps to set up Nest Aware.
Migrating your current Nest Aware subscription to ADT
If you previously purchased a Nest Aware or Nest Aware Plus subscription through Google and would like to replace this subscription with Nest Aware managed by ADT, here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll be asked to migrate a Nest Aware subscription to ADT as part of the setup flow.
- The original Nest Aware subscription will be terminated immediately and the new ADT Nest Aware subscription will replace it.
- The camera features and video history data may change subject to the new subscription:
If you migrate from Nest Aware Plus, purchased through Google, to Nest Aware managed by ADT, you’ll no longer have access to Nest Aware Plus-only features, and will lose the latter 60-day video history and Continuous Video Recording (CVR). Before you migrate, save clips of footage you want you keep.
If you migrate from Nest Aware basic, purchased through Google, to Nest Aware managed by ADT, you shouldn’t expect any changes to features or video history data.
Cancel or change Nest Aware managed by ADT
To cancel or change a Nest Aware subscription (such as change the associated Google Account), contact ADT Customer support for help.
Connect your ADT devices with Google Assistant
To control your ADT devices with your voice using a Google-Assistant enabled device, follow these steps.
- Open the Home app.
Note: If you have multiple homes in the app, select the one that you assigned as your ADT home. Tap the home name near the top of the home screen to switch homes if needed.
- Tap Set up device or service + at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Set up device.
- Choose Works with Google.
- Search and select “ADT Smart Home” and then follow the steps to complete setup.
Once you’ve connected your device, you can arm/disarm your ADT system and control your compatible smart home devices using your voice. Just say “Hey Google” to get started.
Try some of these voice commands:
"Hey Google, arm my system to away"
"Hey Google, turn on the living room light"
"Hey Google, disarm my system"
"Hey Google, set the thermostat to 70 degrees"