Get paid $30.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Your electric cooperative will give you a $20 bill credit for signing up for the Cooperative Rewards program powered by Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled and participate, you’ll receive an additional $10 bill credit and a chance to win $250 more* at the end of each year you participate.
You need to be an electric cooperative residential member with central air conditioning or a heat pump to participate.
Your electric cooperative will give you a $20 bill credit for signing up for the Cooperative Rewards program powered by Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you'll earn a $10 bill credit and a chance to win $250 at the end of the year if you participate in at least 75% of the rush hour events in the summer and winter season. Members receive the same participation incentives regardless of the number of thermostats enrolled in the program.
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- The electric cooperatives participating in the Cooperative Rewards program are: Central Florida Electric Cooperative, Clay Electric Cooperative, Glades Electric Cooperative, Peace River Electric Cooperative, Suwannee Valley Electric Cooperative, Talquin Electric Cooperative, Tri-County Electric Cooperative, and Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, your electric cooperative may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
- *When you enroll in Cooperative Rewards, you will be entered to win $250 at the end of each year if you participate in at least 75% of the rush hour events in the summer and winter season. Only one entry per person. To participate, you must be 18 or older, a legal resident of Florida, reside in a qualifying location, and be enrolled in the Cooperative Rewards through the end of the Promotion Period. More details can be found in the Terms and Conditions or FAQ.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.