Get paid $25.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Your electric cooperative will give you a $25 bill credit for signing up for the Cooperative Rewards program powered by Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled and participate, you can earn a chance to win $250* at the conclusion of the program pilot in 2022.
You need to be an electric cooperative residential member with central air conditioning and a heat pump to participate.
The program enrollment is currently closed. You will be notified when the program enrollment is re-opened.
Your electric cooperative will give you a $25 bill credit for signing up for the Cooperative Rewards program powered by Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll earn a chance to win $250 at the conclusion of the program pilot in 2022 if you participate in at least 75% of the rush hour events in the summer and winter season. Members receive the same participation incentives regardless of the number of thermostats enrolled in the program.
- In the summer season there can be a maximum of 15 rush hour events and each rush hour event will be no longer than four hours. Energy rush hours will start in May, 2021 and end in October, 2021. They will occur on non-holiday weekdays and weekends between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- In the winter, there can be a maximum of 15 rush hour events and each rush hour event will be no longer than four hours. Energy rush hours will start in November, 2021 and end in March, 2022. They will occur on non-holiday weekdays and weekends between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- In both summer and winter, you’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will not be more than five rush hour events in a week.
- The electric cooperatives participating in the Cooperative Rewards program are: Central Florida Electric Cooperative, Clay Electric Cooperative, Glades Electric Cooperative, Peace River Electric Cooperative, SECO Energy, Suwannee Valley Electric Cooperative, Talquin Electric Cooperative, Tri-County Electric Cooperative, and Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative.
- Cooperative Rewards is a pilot program that will run from May 2021 through March, 2022. It is not guaranteed that this program will continue after April 2022. If the program does continue past March, 2022, you will be notified and continue to be enrolled in the program moving forward.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, your electric cooperative may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
- When you enroll in Cooperative Rewards, you will be entered to win $250 at the conclusion of the program pilot in 2022 if you participate in at least 75% of the rush hour events in the summer and winter season. Only one entry per person. To participate, you must be 18 or older, a legal resident of Florida, reside in a qualifying location, and be enrolled in the Cooperative Rewards through the end of the Promotion Period. More details can be found in the Terms and Conditions or FAQ.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees, helping you to use less energy. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.