Get paid $75.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Duke Energy will give you a $75 e-gift card for signing up for Duke Energy Power Manager® Smart Thermostat powered by Rush Hour Rewards. And each year you stay enrolled, you’ll receive an additional $25 e-gift card.*
You need to be Duke Energy residential customer with central air conditioning and a heat pump to participate.
Duke Energy will give you a $75 e-gift card for signing up for Duke Energy’s Power Manager Smart Thermostat program powered by Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $25 e-gift card each year you stay enrolled.*
- Customers receive the same participation incentives regardless of the number of thermostats enrolled in the program.
- In the summer, there can be a maximum of 15 rush hour events and each rush hour event will be no longer than 4 hours. Energy rush hours will start in May and end in September, and will occur on non-holiday weekdays and weekends between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- In the winter, there can be a maximum of 15 rush hour events and each rush hour event will be no longer than 4 hours. Energy rush hours will start in December and end in March, and will occur on non-holiday weekdays and weekends either in the morning between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m or in the evening between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- In both summer and winter, you’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will not be more than 5 rush hour events in a week.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Duke Energy may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day on weekdays and weekends during the season.
- Customers that had previously applied to join the program, prior to November 13, 2020, are enrolled in the summer season only and will not be participating in winter events.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees, helping you to use less energy. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.
*If you enroll before December 31, 2020, you will receive a $90 enrollment e-gift card. If you enroll on or after January 1, 2021, you will receive a $75 enrollment e-gift card.