Get paid up to $50.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
National Grid will give you a $25 e-gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled, you’ll receive an additional $25 e-gift card after the second season of participation.
You need to be a National Grid customer in Brooklyn, Queens, or Long Island with gas heating to participate.
National Grid will give you a $25 e-gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $25 e-gift card after the second season of participation, if you participate in at least 70% of the rush hour events for that season.
- There can be a maximum of 15 rush hour events each winter, and each rush hour event will be no longer than four hours. Energy rush hours will start in November and end in March.
- Energy rush hours will occur on non-holiday weekdays and weekends between 6 a.m and 10 am, or 5 and 9 pm.
- You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will not be more than five rush hour events in a week.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, National Grid may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day on weekdays and weekends between November and March.
- National Grid reserves the right to cancel your participation in the program if you participate in less than 15% of the rush hour events during a season because you opted out of energy rush hours, or your device was offline or not in a heating mode.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees, helping you to use less energy. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.