Get paid $85.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
PSEG Long Island will give you an $85 check for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. You will also get $25 for each year you are enrolled when you participate fully in at least 50% of rush hour events.
You need to be a PSEG Long Island customer with central air conditioning to participate.
PSEG Long Island will give you an $85 check for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $25 after the season ends if you participate in at least 50% of the rush hour events for that season.
- If you are a resident in an area surrounding an electric facility and are eligible for the Super Savers Program, you will receive $125. You’ll also get $37.50 per thermostat for each additional year you fully participate in a minimum of 50% of all thermostat adjustment events during the program period. To learn more about the Super Savers program and eligibility, please click here.
- There can be a maximum of 10 rush hour events each summer, and each rush hour event will be no longer than 4 hours. Energy rush hours will start in May and end in September.
- Energy rush hours will occur on non-holiday weekdays between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will not be more than 5 rush hour events in a week.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, PSEG Long Island may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day on weekdays and weekends between May and September.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees, helping you to use less energy. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.