Get paid up to $50.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Madison Gas and Electric (MGE) will give you a $50 gift card for signing up for MGE Connect® powered Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled, you’ll receive an additional $25 after the second season of participation.
You need to be a MGE residential electric customer with central air conditioning to participate.
MGE will give you a $50 gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $25 after the second season of participation if you stay enrolled.
- Customers receive the same participation incentives regardless of the number of thermostats enrolled in the program.
- There can be a maximum of 20 rush hour events each summer, and each rush hour event will be no longer than four hours. Energy rush hours will start in June and end in September.
- Energy rush hours will occur on non-holiday weekdays between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will not be more than five rush hour events in a week.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, MGE may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees, helping you to use less energy. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.