Get paid up to $50.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And, by enrolling, your Nest thermostat can do it for you automatically, but you will always remain in control.
Madison Gas and Electric (MGE) will give you a $50 gift card for signing up for MGE Connect® powered Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled, you’ll receive an additional $25 after the second season of participation.
You need to be a MGE residential electric customer with central air conditioning to participate.
MGE will give you a $50 gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $25 after the second season of participation if you stay enrolled.
- Customers receive the same participation incentives regardless of the number of thermostats enrolled in the program.
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, MGE may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
Your program details may differ based on your utility. Additional details may be found on your utility’s website.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.