A chance to win $5,000.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And, by enrolling, your Nest thermostat can do it for you automatically, but you will always remain in control.
If you’re an eligible Texas resident, you can enroll in Rush Hour Rewards from Power Savers Texas and can earn chances to win $5,000. Working together, we can help reduce stress on the grid.*
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards from Power Savers Texas and you’ll be eligible for the Power Savers Texas Win $5,000 sweepstakes. You’ll get a new entry in the sweepstakes every time you fully participate in a rush hour event. (That means not turning your thermostat down during the rush hour event.)*
- Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid or for system testing.
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Power Savers Texas may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
Your program details may differ based on your program provider. Additional details may be found on your program provider’s website.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.