Get paid $85.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Austin Energy will give you an $85 enrollment incentive for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards.
You need to be an Austin Energy customer with central air conditioning or heating to participate.
Austin Energy will give you $85 for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards.
- There will be a maximum of 25 rush hour events each season and each rush hour event will be no longer than 2 hours.
- You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than 5 rush hour events in a week.
- Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable, and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- In the summer, energy rush hours will start in June and end in September. They will occur on non-holiday weekdays between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- In the winter, Energy rush hours will start in November and end in April, and will occur on non-holiday weekdays between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Austin Energy may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day during the year.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees, helping you to use less energy. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.