Get paid up to $45.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Cape Light Compact will give you a $25 e-gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled through the season, you’ll receive an additional $20 e-gift card.
You need to be an electricity customer on Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard with central air conditioning to participate.
Cape Light Compact will give you a $25 Amazon e-gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $20 e-gift card after the summer if you stay enrolled.
- There can be a maximum of 15 rush-hour events each summer, and each event will be no longer than four hours. Energy rush hours will start in June and end in September.
- Energy rush hours will occur on non-holiday weekdays and weekends between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- You’ll only get one rush-hour event a day, and there will not be more than 5 rush hour events in a week.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Cape Light Compact may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day on weekdays and weekends between June and September.
- Cape Light Compact reserves the right to remove you from the program if you participate in less than 25% of the rush hour events during a season because you opted out of energy rush hours, or your device was offline or not in a cooling mode.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees, helping you to use less energy. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.