Get paid up to $70.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Cape Light Compact will give you a $50 e-gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled through the season, you’ll receive an additional $20 e-gift card.
You need to be an electricity customer on Cape Cod or Martha’s Vineyard with central air conditioning to participate.
Cape Light Compact will give you a $50 Amazon e-gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $20 e-gift card after the summer if you stay enrolled.
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Cape Light Compact may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
- Cape Light Compact reserves the right to remove you from the program if you participate in less than 25% of the rush hour events during a season because you opted out of energy rush hours, or your device was offline or not in a cooling mode.
Your program details may differ based on your utility. Additional details may be found on your utility’s website.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.