Get paid up to $500 in your first year.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And, by enrolling, your Nest thermostat can do it for you automatically, but you will always remain in control.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards, and South Fork Peak Savers will send you a check. $250 if you have one Nest thermostat, $500 if you have two or more. Plus you can get $25 at the end of each summer from 2019 through 2026 if you stay enrolled.
You will need to be a PSEG Long Island customer in the Town of Southampton or the Town of East Hampton with central air conditioning to participate.
The program enrollment is currently closed. When the program enrollment is re-opened, you will receive an email noting the program is open for new enrollments.
South Fork Peak Savers will send you a check for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. $250 if you have one Nest thermostat, $500 if you have two or more. Plus you can get $25 at the end of summer from 2019 through 2026 if you stay enrolled.
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, South Fork Peak Savers may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
- Customers receiving thermostats from South Fork Peak Savers do not qualify for the enrollment incentive.
Your program details may differ based on your program provider. Additional details may be found on your program provider’s website.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.