Get paid up to $100.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And, by enrolling, your Nest thermostat can do it for you automatically, but you will always remain in control.
The Consumers Energy Smart Thermostat Program will give you a $75 Prepaid Mastercard® for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. And for each season you stay enrolled, you’ll receive an additional $25 Prepaid Mastercard.
You need to be a Consumers Energy customer with central air conditioning to participate.
Consumers Energy will give you a $75 Prepaid Mastercard for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $25 Prepaid Mastercard for each season that you stay enrolled.
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Consumers Energy may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
- To participate, you need to be a Consumers Energy electric or combo customer (electric and natural gas) with an individual, dedicated central air conditioner or an air-source heat pump that is not shared between building units; does not participate in a disqualifying Consumers Energy rate or program.
- Residential customers who have already received instant rebates by enrolling in the Smart Thermostat Program upon purchase of a new Nest thermostat from the Consumers Energy Store are not eligible for the $75 Prepaid Mastercard upon enrollment.
- As a Consumers Energy customer, you also agree to the Consumers Energy Terms and Conditions for the Smart Thermostat Program.
Your program details may differ based on your energy provider. Additional details may be found on your energy provider’s website.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.