Get paid up to $75.
Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And, by enrolling, your Nest thermostat can do it for you automatically, but you will always remain in control.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards to get a $25 credit on your Portland General Electric bill. Plus, you could get $25 for each season you participate - up to $50 a year.*
Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy on cold winter mornings or hot summer afternoons, while allowing you to stay comfortable and in control.
If you had a free or discounted smart thermostat installed in your home by Portland General Electric, you are not eligible to receive enrollment or seasonal participation incentives.
Portland General Electric will credit your energy bill $25 about 6 to 8 weeks after you enroll. Plus, you could get an extra $25 for each season you participate.*
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Portland General Electric may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
- On occasion, Portland General Electric may send surveys to ensure the program is serving you well. You may opt out of these surveys at any time.
- *Terms and conditions apply. Qualified Portland General Electric customers enrolled in Rush Hour Rewards who participate in at least 50% of rush hour events during a summer or winter season will be eligible for the seasonal bill credit: $25 per summer or winter season for heat pump systems, up to $50 per year; $25 per summer season for central air conditioning; $25 per winter season for central electric furnaces.
Your program details may differ based on your utility. Additional details may be found on PGE's website.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.