Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Cooperative will give you a Nest thermostat discount for signing up for the Connect to Save program, powered by Google’s Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled through the season, you’ll receive an additional $50 per thermostat.
You need to be a Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Cooperative member with electric heating and air conditioning to participate.
Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Cooperative will allow you to purchase up to 2 Google Nest Thermostat-Es for $25 each or up to 2 Nest Learning Thermostats for $105 each for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $50 after the season ends (up to $100 annually) if you stay enrolled in the Rush Hour Rewards program and do not opt out of more than 5 events per season.
- In the summer, there will be a maximum of 36 rush hour events and each rush hour event will be no longer than 4 hours. Energy rush hours will start in May and end in October and will occur on non-holiday weekdays and weekends between 12:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m
- In the winter, there will be a maximum of 36 rush hour events and each rush hour event will be no longer than 4 hours. Energy rush hours will start in November and end in April, and will occur on non-holiday weekdays and weekends between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- In both summer and winter, you’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will not be more than 3 rush hour events in a week.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Cooperative may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day on weekdays and weekends.
- Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Cooperative reserves the right to charge you up to the full price of your discounted thermostat if you do not remain enrolled in the Rush Hour Rewards program for 3 years.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees, helping you to use less energy. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.