Claim your $75 gift card.
For a limited time, eligible California utility customers can get a $75 gift card of choice from OhmConnect - a free service that pays you for saving energy when demand on the grid is high. Simply sign up for the Google Rush Hour Rewards program and OhmConnect.*
Get Started in Two Easy Steps
1. Click the sign up button below to join Rush Hour Rewards.
2. Watch your inbox for an OhmConnect email with instructions on how to complete your enrollment and claim your $75 gift card.**
Rush Hour Rewards Program Details
OhmConnect will give you a $75 gift card of your choice for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards, creating an OhmConnect account, and connecting your smart meter data and Nest thermostat to OhmConnect. Additional terms apply**.
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, OhmConnect may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
- OhmConnect may dispatch events that differ from energy rush hours, and may occur outside of energy rush hours.
Your program details may differ based on your program provider. Additional details may be found on OhmConnect’s website.
OhmConnect Program Details
- When enrolling in Rush Hour Rewards, you will also need to enroll in OhmConnect.
- OhmConnect will ask for your participation in non-Rush Hour Rewards energy reduction events to reduce energy during peak demand periods.
*PG&E, SCE or SDG&E customers with central air conditioning are eligible to participate.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.