Get a $25 bill credit.
Reliant will give you a $25 bill credit for signing up for the Degrees of Difference with smart thermostats program, powered by Nest thermostats and Rush Hour Rewards. Nest thermostats learn what temperatures you like so they can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. With Rush Hour Rewards, you can get rewarded for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And, by enrolling, your Nest thermostat can do it for you automatically, but you will always remain in control.
Joining is easy. See below for what you need to get started.
Not a Reliant customer? Visit Reliant to sign up and enjoy access to this and other great Google Nest offers.
Reliant will give you a $25 bill credit for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards.
During an energy rush hour, your Nest thermostat will automatically tweak temperatures just a few degrees, so you can conserve energy while staying comfortable.
- There can be multiple rush hour events throughout the year. Rush hour events can consist of a pre-cooling period in the summer or pre-heating period in the winter to make your home more comfortable and a period of time when your energy usage is reduced.
- Energy rush hours can occur at any time of year between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There can be multiple rush hour events per day.
- In the unlikely situation of a critical need on the electric grid, Reliant may need to call a critical rush hour event. Critical rush hour events can occur at any time of day.
Your program details may differ based on your utility. Additional details may be found on your utility’s website.
Reliant's Terms & Conditions apply to the Reliant Degrees of Difference program and bill credit promotion. Click here for details.
What you need:
Any generation of a Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E or Google Nest Thermostat
Steps to be completed:
- Install your Nest thermostat and connect to Wi-Fi before signing up on the program.
- Enroll in Degrees of Difference powered by Rush Hour Rewards.
- You’ll get a notification on your Nest thermostat and Nest app when electricity demand is high, known as an energy rush hour event.
- Your Nest thermostat will automatically adjust a few degrees during an energy rush hour event to help you conserve without lifting a finger.
Here's how it works:
Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid. During these events, your Nest thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature by up to 4 degrees F, helping you to use less energy on heating or cooling during that time. If you start to feel uncomfortable, you can stop participating at any time by changing the temperature.