Note: This article does not apply to 1st gen Nest Aware subscriptions.
In rare cases, you may experience issues that are caused by an unused Nest Aware subscription. For example, you might be charged for a subscription in a home that you are no longer part of, or have a subscription that you can’t assign to a camera or home.
There are a few ways we’ll tell you that you have an unused subscription:
- A message at the top of the GStore subscription page says “Action required. You’re paying for subscriptions but not receiving service.” This is either because you’re no longer a member of the home or because the home was deleted.
- You received an email titled “You left [home address]” to notify you that you’ve been removed from a home that has an Aware subscription.
- The Home app Feed tells you that Nest Aware needs a home.
Fixing an unused subscription works differently depending on your situation.
If you bought a subscription that hasn’t been added to a home yet, add the subscription to a new or existing home:
- Open the Home app.
Note: If you have more than one home in the app, select the one that you want to assign the subscription to before going to the next step. Tap the home name near the top of the home screen to switch between homes.
- Tap Settings .
- Choose Nest Aware, then tap Apply.
- If you have more than one unused subscription, choose the one you want to assign to your home, then tap Apply.
- If you don’t currently have a home in the app, tap Add a home. The app will walk you through creating a home structure and assigning the subscription.
If you don’t want to use the subscription on any home, cancel the unused subscription to avoid being charged for the next monthly/yearly billing cycle.
Note: Canceling Nest Aware stops billing auto-renewal but does not grant a refund for the unused billing period, even if the subscription is not being used or is no longer needed.
- Go to the GStore. If you’re not already signed in, sign in to the Google Account you use to manage subscriptions for your home in the Google Home app.
- Select your Account icon, then choose Subscriptions.
- A message at the top of the page will let you know which subscriptions are no longer receiving service. Select Cancel.