Check below for help with some common issues when signing in to the Nest app.
Trouble signing in with Google
If you're having trouble signing in with the 'Sign in with Google' button, try a different web browser. We recommend using Google Chrome.
If you’re using Chrome and still having trouble:
- You may need to allow cookies from Google in order to sign in. Go to the instructions for allowing cookies on Chrome from your mobile device or computer.
- If you’re using a phone or tablet, you may need to make Chrome your default browser.
For other issues signing in with Google, use the Google Account sign-in troubleshooter.
Can’t sign in to account
If you’re signing in with a Google Account, use the troubleshooter Can't sign in to your Google Account.
If you’re signing in with a non-migrated Nest account and you have trouble signing in, you may get a message saying 'incorrect email address or password'.
1. Double-check that you're signing in with the right email address. Make sure that your email address is spelled correctly. If you use multiple email addresses, make sure that you use the email that you used to sign up for your account.
2. Double-check that you’re signing in with the right password. Your password is case sensitive, so make sure that you use the same capitalisation every time.
3. Check the Nest service status. If there's a service outage, you'll need to wait for service to resume before you can sign in to your account.
4. Reset your password. Select Forgot password and follow the instructions. You'll receive an email to reset your password.If you don't get the password reset email, you might have entered the wrong email address. Double-check that you entered the email address that you used to sign up for your account.
There’s a spinning ring or blank sign-in screen
1. Check the Nest service status. If there's a service outage, you'll need to wait for service to resume before you can sign in to your account.
2. Use a different web browser or the Nest app to sign in to your account. If using a different browser resolves your issue, troubleshoot the settings on your browser or device that might be preventing you from signing in.
3. Use a different device to sign in. Try a phone or tablet with the Nest app, or visit home.nest.com on a computer. If you're trying to sign in at work, try a different Wi-Fi network, or turn off Wi-Fi and sign in using mobile data.
Important: If you're able to sign in on one device but not another, check the settings and menu options for the device that's giving you trouble. Certain browser, network, phone or router settings may be preventing you from signing in.