Important: This article is for customers who are using a Nest Account that was created before August 19, 2019 and has not been migrated to a Google Account.
- If you started using the Nest app after 19 August 2019, you’re using a Google Account.
- If you’re signed in to the Nest app, at the top right, tap Settings . If the option 'Migrate to a Google Account' does not appear on the screen, then you’re using a Nest account.
- If you can’t sign in to the Nest app, go to myaccount.google.com/permissions sign in with your Google Account. If Nest appears under 'Signing in with Google', then you need to use your Google Account to sign in to the Nest app.
- Note: If you have multiple Google Accounts, you may need to check all of them.
If you’re using a Google Account, follow the instructions to change or reset your Google Account password
Change your Nest account password
- On the Nest app home screen, tap Settings .
- Select Account Manage account.
- Note: If you’re using a Google Account, the app will ask to use 'google.com' to sign in. Sign in and follow the steps to change or reset your Google Account password.
- Tap Account security Account password.
- Enter your current password and your new password Save changes.
Reset your Nest account password
- Open the Nest app or visit home.nest.com.
- Tap Sign in with Nest Forgot password.
- Enter your email address Reset password.
- You’ll receive an email to reset your password.
If you've enabled 2-Step Verification, you’ll need to verify your account to reset your password.
If you don't get the password reset email:
- Double check that you entered the email address used to sign up for your account.
- Double check that you use a Nest account, not a Google Account.
- Check your spam email folder.
- Try requesting the reset password email again.
- Contact support for further assistance.
Need more help?
Call or chat with a specialist.