Google Assistant might give you an error message such as one of the following:
- “Something went wrong. Try again in a few seconds.”
- “There was a glitch. Try again in a few seconds.”
Your device may be having trouble connecting with Google. The issue may resolve on its own within a few minutes, but if not, follow the troubleshooting tips below.
- Unplug the speaker or display, wait ten seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for the device to reboot, then try asking the Assistant your question again.
- Reboot your modem and router.
- If there are nearby devices that may cause interference such as microwave ovens, wireless speakers, baby monitors, Wi-Fi routers, and other devices using the 2.4 GHz band, try moving your speaker or display to a different room.
- If you get these errors frequently, try moving your speaker or display closer to your router.
- If the issue continues, talk to your internet service provider. You may need to update your router/modem firmware or upgrade your internet speed.