Google Assistant might give you an error message, such as one of the following:
- "Something went wrong. Try again in a few seconds."
- "There was a glitch. Try again in a few seconds."
Your device may be having trouble connecting with Google. The issue may resolve on its own within a few minutes, but if not, follow the troubleshooting tips below:
- Unplug your Google Nest or Home speaker or display. Wait for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for the device to reboot, then try to ask the Assistant your question again.
- Reboot your modem and router.
- If there are nearby devices that may cause interference, such as microwave ovens, wireless speakers, baby monitors, Wi-Fi routers, and other devices using the 2.4 GHz band, try to move your speaker or display to a different room.
- If you get these errors frequently, try to move your speaker or display closer to your router.
- If the issue continues, contact your internet service provider (ISP). You may need to update your router or modem firmware or upgrade your internet speed.