The Google Home app now supports many of the same automations as Works with Nest (WWN). Home and Away routines can now control a broad range of products from other companies, like smart lights, plugs and switches, as well as Nest cameras and thermostats.
You can enable presence sensing to adjust your devices when everyone’s away or someone comes home. For example, your Away routine can turn off your lights and set the thermostat to Eco after the last person leaves. Your Home routine can turn on your porch light and set the thermostat to a comfortable temperature when the first person comes home.
Set up Home and Away routines
- If you haven’t already, migrate your Nest account to a Google Account. Important: Once complete, account migration is not reversible, and you will lose any remaining Works with Nest integrations, so consider if this step is right for you at this time.
- If you haven’t already, download and launch the Google Home app .
- Learn more about the Google Home app.
- If you haven’t already, link your smart devices to the Google Home app.
- Note: Make sure that you follow the correct instructions for the particular device that you’re setting up or linking to Google.
- Set up Home and Away routines for your devices.